Connecting disciples of His Holiness Jayapataka Swami
Bhismadeva advised for all human beings nine qualifications:
Bhismadeva also advices this:
1. To get freedom from anger, one should learn how
to forgive. 2. To be free from unlawful
desires one should not make plans.
3. By spiritual culture one is able to conquer sleep.
4. By tolerance only can one conquer desires and
avarice. 5. Disturbances from various
diseases can be avoided by regulated diets.
6. By self-control one can be free from false
hopes. 7. Money can be saved by avoiding
undesirable association. 8. By practice of
yoga one can control hunger. 9. Worldliness
can be avoided by culturing the knowledge of
impermanence. 10. Dizziness can be conquered
by rising up. 11. False arguments can be
conquered by factual ascertainment. 12.
Talkativeness can be avoided by gravity and silence.
13. By prowess one can avoid fearfulness.
14. Perfect knowledge can be obtained by self-cultivation.
Ananda Krsna dasi