Hare krsna prabhujis and matajis,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada. All glories to srila jayapataka swami gurumaharaja.

Can somebody clarify couple of points?

1. How safe is take sabudana (sago) items on ekadasi? There is some discussion among devotees that we should avoid sabudana on various reasons. What is the prescribed standard for this? We understand that many temples are using this as main item of prasadam on ekadasi. 

2. Is chanting on counter (clicker) is allowed for initiated disciples? If so is it only in emergency situations or it can be a rule? 

Clarification on above points by senior devotees will give chance for us to improve our sadhana standards.

Your insignificant servant

Ramananda kanaidas

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pamho.AGTSP.

There was some discussion about sabhudhana. As far I know did devotees check and most companies are o.k. They said that they soak the sabhu in water and there are leaks and all together is being mashed. I read that devotees checked this and said that the main companies dont have this problem. Maybe you can send some devotee to check to a company from where you are buying the sabhudhana.

Regarding chanting it is important to chant with devotion and concentration. Therefore chanting in brahmamuhurta and before Deities is recommended. Otherwise there is no hard and fast rule, still as long we are not liberated from the material consciousness we have to take care that we chant in an favourable environment. Tulasi is very auspicious and beads chanted by Gurumaharaja have special potency. Therefore we prefer to chant on tulasi japa. But the most important is somehow or another finish at least 16 rounds. Therefore to accomodate this we can use clicker or whatever. I myself use mainly clicker for extra rounds, still I am very careful that I dont just press the clicker and dont concentrate on Holy Names.

Your servant

Damana Krishna das

Thank you prabhuji for your reply. Regarding chanting on clicker what is the guidance from jps office? To my understanding, concentration and seriousness will be more only when we do 16 rounds japa on initiated beads given by GM. Any extra rounds over and above 16 is okay on clicker. But now we are talking about prescribed rounds of chanting 16 rounds. If Jps office can clarify this, it will be great so that we can bring more discipline in our sadhana. 

Yhs Ramananda kanaidas

And also prabhuji, personally I feel there should be no reason why we should chant the prescribed rounds on clicker, unless in emergency situations (again not to become rule). Our GM has personally chanted on the beads and given to us. So I feel atleast to the extent of 16 rounds we should TRY to chant on those initiated beads. Some may chant on clicker while driving the car. But how good it is to chant while driving the car? Are we able to concentrate on japa while driving? It is like 'Dont drink and drive'. Having said that nothing stops us from remembering lord 24x7 including while driving. Our discussion is limited to prescribed rounds of chanting. We (atleast initiated devotees) should be able to devote atleast 2 hours for chanting on our beads. There is nothing like chanting on tulasi beads that too those chanted by our dear spiritual master =:)

Please correct me if I am wrong in my thoughts but some active brainstorm on this by all the members will give a meaningful outcome. 

Yhs Ramananda kanaidas

Damana Krishna dasa said:

Pamho.AGTSP.

There was some discussion about sabhudhana. As far I know did devotees check and most companies are o.k. They said that they soak the sabhu in water and there are leaks and all together is being mashed. I read that devotees checked this and said that the main companies dont have this problem. Maybe you can send some devotee to check to a company from where you are buying the sabhudhana.

Regarding chanting it is important to chant with devotion and concentration. Therefore chanting in brahmamuhurta and before Deities is recommended. Otherwise there is no hard and fast rule, still as long we are not liberated from the material consciousness we have to take care that we chant in an favourable environment. Tulasi is very auspicious and beads chanted by Gurumaharaja have special potency. Therefore we prefer to chant on tulasi japa. But the most important is somehow or another finish at least 16 rounds. Therefore to accomodate this we can use clicker or whatever. I myself use mainly clicker for extra rounds, still I am very careful that I dont just press the clicker and dont concentrate on Holy Names.

Your servant

Damana Krishna das

As I said we should be chanting on clicker, but otherwise if for example if situation is intense or difficult still better to chant on clicker then to stop to chant. As you said emergency. I never encouraged loose chanting or that we shouldnt chant on japa. But no one can have excuse to say that he can not finish even 16 rounds thats really a failure.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Translate

Radio

Please listen

© 2021   Created by ISKCON desire tree.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service